Bio Bricks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

itworks

Jul 23, 2008
Southwestern CT
If you have ever used bio bricks in a traditional wood burning fire place I would appreciate you sharing your experience with the rest of us.

Thanks

Im asumeing bio brick is the prefab sheet brick in pre fabe fire place boxs .The pre fab brick is made to withstang the heat of the fire but in a built up masonay fire place the fire box and smoke chamber holdes alote of weaight . I would think you would need the full brick in side with air space all around . You mite use the pre fab sheet brick inside the fire box on the back and sides . Most brick comes 21/2 x 4x 8 but you can cut them to anty size .

I haven't use the Bio Bricks but used the similar style logs. They burn hot and clean, little or no smoke. The logs I used were about 12" long and weighed 6 or 7 lbs. Burn time wasn't as long as I had hoped and they are a little on the spendy side. I think they are good for the occasional burner or if you can't find any good seasoned firewood.

itworks said:
If you have ever used bio bricks in a traditional wood burning fire place I would appreciate you sharing your experience with the rest of us.

Thanks

Thanks for you replies. Perhaps I didn't word my question clearly. I'm considering using Biobricks as a replacement to cord wood in a traditional wood burning fireplace. I will NOT be using a stove, or any other appliance. I'm not really looking for a source of heat, but certainly would not be upset if heat would be generated, I only use my fireplace for atmosphere.

Thanks again for your input.

Thanks for you replies. Perhaps I didn't word my question clearly. I'm considering using Biobricks as a replacement to cord wood in a traditional wood burning fireplace. I will NOT be using a stove, or any other appliance. I'm not really looking for a source of heat, but certainly would not be upset if heat would be generated, I only use my fireplace for atmosphere.

Thanks again for your input.[/quote]

Wood does look better then burning bricks.wood cackles also.

itworks said:
itworks said:

Thanks

Thanks again for your input.

They work fine in a fireplace, that is where I burned mine. For occassional use, less mess, and storage, It's a great product.

Status
Not open for further replies.