Bio Bricks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestone

Greetings: I have just purchased some of these as they are new to one of my building supply company here in Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada. These are made in Quebec and are dense compressed sawdust . They are sold under the name "Bioflamme". I have used the search function and only found posts over a year old. Is anyone in western Canada using these at the present time. My intention is to use them as a supplement to my existing wood stockpile, and the cost is very attractive as I am spending a fair bit of coin sourcing firewood, not a lot of trees in this part of Alberta. After two winters of heating, giving up the wood stove is not an option too enjoyable!!!

I'd love to be able to help you, but I don't think you'll find much help in the pellet and corn burning forum, the hearth room might be a better place for this post. Perhaps a moderator will come along and move it for you.

I've had two friends who have used them, and they both said that they can see how they could over heat your stove. There are threads about bio bricks , if you run a search. From what I remember , its all about how you stack them in your stove to get the most out of them.

Everything I have read about them is really positive. Just like pellets some brands are better than others. I know if you have a wood stove or fireplace and your only source of wood is other individuals who don't know what a cord really is but sure can charge for it, this would be an awesome alternative.

Firestone,

I have a pallet of BioBricks sitting in the basement, along with 3 cords of firewood, waiting for the wood heating part of the season to start.

Plan to burn them in combination with the wood.

My neighbor has used them in his wood stove , as well as my brother-in-law, and both like them, they just caution people to get used to them gradually as it is possible to overheat the stove with too many at a time.

This is a pellet thread, so information here will be limited.

Good luck,

Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.