Bio-Mass boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was all set to install a wood gasification boiler, but the wife got scared because of the inspector saying that we couldn't. Anyway that's a long story, I'm just wondering where to look for a bio-mass boiler. If you guys can give me a link to either manufacturer's or dealer's websites I'd appreciate it. I know it's late in the season but we had a lot of set backs. But hopefully I can find something that will fit our needs. Because it's not getting any warmer out there. Lol.

Lar-Bud said:
I was all set to install a wood gasification boiler, but the wife got scared because of the inspector saying that we couldn't. Anyway that's a long story, I'm just wondering where to look for a bio-mass boiler. If you guys can give me a link to either manufacturer's or dealer's websites I'd appreciate it. I know it's late in the season but we had a lot of set backs. But hopefully I can find something that will fit our needs. Because it's not getting any warmer out there. Lol.

You can check out Harmons website. They have a pellet bioler. Model PB-105

http://www.harmanstoves.com/products/details.asp?cat=central-heating&prd=boilers&f=BLRPB105

We've been dealing with the Pinnacle brand for a few years now (since 2004) with very good success. If you want to PM me with your zip code, I'll see if there is a dealer near you and explain to you more. I don't want to go into details here, because even though I probably wont be making the sale, I may be looked at as "selling" The website for Pinnacle is www.pinnacle-stove.com

I'd be glad to help

Are these brands ASME certified and UL listed? Also where in Michigan do you buy your wood pellets, corn and cherry pits? Thanks for the links by the way.

Lar-Bud said:
......Also where in Michigan do you buy your wood pellets, corn and cherry pits? Thanks for the links by the way.

I'd try your local Home Depot, Lowes, Tractor Supply, True Value hardware, BJ's, WalMart, Menard's, etc, etc.

There was a post on here a while ago where a member found cherry pits at TSC. The info on the bag was as follows:

"Triple D. Orchards, Inc
Empire, Michigan 49630
phone # 866- 781-9410 or 231-326-5174.

That is everything listed on the label"

Status
Not open for further replies.