BioBricks, $396 a ton??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A buddy bought a pallet for $300 (boston area) in August. He gave me a few to burn and they put out some good heat and are of course cleaner and easier to deal with than wood. I'm sure people will pay up for that. Beware that some stove makers will void the warranty if you burn Bio Bricks in the stove. I know this is the case with Jotul. I guess the risk of over-firing is too high.

Yea, I wanted some to put in the garage for those real nasty days/nights where I dont want to bring in snowy wood.

80s Burnout said:
A buddy bought a pallet for $300 (boston area) in August. He gave me a few to burn and they put out some good heat and are of course cleaner and easier to deal with than wood. I'm sure people will pay up for that. Beware that some stove makers will void the warranty if you burn Bio Bricks in the stove. I know this is the case with Jotul. I guess the risk of over-firing is too high.

I got mine for $265 a ton.... they're now $299 a ton at the same place on the South Shore (cash discount). The most I've ever put in at once is 5 bricks (it heats up my approx. 300 sqft bedroom and into the living room) and it puts out a ton of heat.

I bought a pallet of a similar product here in Canada. They are about 4-5 hours away so we organized a group buy and rented a 18-wheeler to drive them here and split the cost.

Was 160 a pallet, was 140 last year.

Mixing them with cord wood and seeing how it goes as it's my first year burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.