Biobricks in jotul rockland

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodNewbie

Nov 20, 2009
Eastern MA
I posted this somewhere else but didn't get much feedback. So please forgive the repeat:
I would be interested to hear any advices you may have for burning biobricks in a Jotul 550 insert? How many bricks do you use? how long do you have them burning for? How long after starting the four teepee bricks do you load the bulk of them? any special setup? do you fully close the damper? Any information or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Sorry I didn't want to start a new thread...got confused. Somehow I am unable to post this in the thread dedicated to the JOtul 550.

<>I would be interested to hear any advices you may have for burning biobricks in a Jotul 550 insert? <>

Advice? Don't burn em.
The C550 Rockland is NOT tested for anything other than cut & split & dried firewood - period.
Anything else can & will void your warranty.
You just paid at least $3k for a high-quality product.
Why take a chance on screwing it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.