Biodiesel equip on Craigs list

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Periodically I see ads for BD units, for "home use". Not sure what they mean, but usually there's an MB in the drive and a riding lawn mower for the 1/8 acre lawn. I have three major fast food shops within walking distance and could easily get their oil, but that puts them and me on the radar for disposal. I think there are folks interested in the popularity of brewing, but no commitment. Look for many more systems available in the future as the fun wears off. BD requires a commitment, not a casual interest.

A diesel MB!

A blurb I read indicated that the new 2008 VW's won't be able to use BioD because of the special engine cycle it goes into to recharge its NOx scrubber, or is it particulate trap, I'm not sure. The rich mixture washes down the cylinder walls and into the oil, diluting it. Something like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.