BioHeatUSA changes name to Tarm Biomass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Hoskin

TarmSalesGuy
Aug 29, 2008
Lyme, NH
www.tarmbiomass.com
I just posted the following in the Press Release section of the site, and thought I would post here too:

"Nothing is as constant as change…..

Greetings from Lyme, New Hampshire

As you may know, in 2008 with the introduction of the Scandtec and Fröling boiler lines, Tarm USA, Inc. launched the brand “BioHeatUSA”. The brand launch was quite successful and the brand has become well established. Unfortunately, another company has claimed that our “BioHeatUSA” brand name is too similar to their “Bioheat” brand name and is causing confusion in the marketplace. Bioheat is a brand name used for #2 home heating oil that has a small amount of biodiesel added to it.

We disagree with Bioheat’s claim of market confusion – we sell equipment and they sell fuel - however, their trademark registration was made just prior to ours and we have chosen not to fight this out in the courts, but instead to change our brand name again. As before, the corporation remains “Tarm USA, Inc.”, however the “doing business as” brand name is now “Tarm Biomass”. Tarm is still the most well known brand in the industry and we are very pleased to have the Tarm name back in our logo. We will, of course, continue to be the sole North American representatives for Tarm, Scandtec and Fröling.

Please note that all email addresses for Tarm Biomass employees should be changed from “[email protected]” to “[email protected]”. Please also note that the new website address is “www.TarmBiomass.com” .

As before, this is a change of name only. The people behind the brand remain the same passionate, well informed individuals that have been leaders in the wood and pellet boiler industry for two generations. We look forward to maintaining and deepening our relationship with our customers and together continuing to bring the best biomass boiler products and service to the North American market.

Warmest regards,"

Chris

We all know who is the real BioHeat!

Another great reason to burn wood!

It all gets curiouser and curiouser.

Condolences on dealing with the BS, but congratulations for being the folks who've hung in there, and who keep moving forward.

I think the new name is even better than the old. Many of us Tarm users likely are your best sales people, and we enjoy the quality of the product you offer. Here's my wish for your continuing success.

I thought they were now Baxi?

Tarm Sales Guy said:
The people behind the brand remain the same passionate, well informed individuals that have been leaders in the wood and pellet boiler industry for two generations.

Hey, that means it includes me!

[googlevideo]110585530348764525[/googlevideo]

Status
Not open for further replies.