Biomas furnace video

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
http://www.fahrenheittech.com/video.html

Just to let you know there are other furnaces coming out on the market. Even though I am a dealer and getting my first order shipped next week, I am not giving a sales pitch.

Eric

"More heat and less hassle" they say . But don`t most pellet stoves make the same claim?
Of course this stove burns a variety of fuels but getting plain ole wood pellets is sometimes difficult and I`ve yet to see anything else available around here so is there any advantage or worth to think about getting a biomass / multifuel stove if the fuels aren`t or haven`t been readily available?
Anyway , it does look really nice and I don`t mean to be critical or negative . I kinda like the spent fuel dumping system but it too might also have to be cleaned/scape in a particular manner to clean up the clinker residue.
Hopefully the stove will prove to be another option making a gain in popularity and future user reviews will be positive.

I always welcome more stoves on the market. Helps keep the prices down. Looks nice. Good luck with sales and let us know how it performs under regular people conditions.

Looks interesting, I like the commercial limit switches and fan. How much will they be selling for Eric? How are it's noise levels?

The blower is 600-800 CFM and is larger than most pellet stoves and furnaces. That does make a little more noise. Other than that nothing that I noticed. The suggested retail is $3,700.00 to $3,950.00 for the unit.

Thanks for the input fellas, keep it coming.

Eric

Yes, that is a significant amount of air and it will be noisy. For that reason I would not put it in my living room. Looks like it is really a furnace at heart and would make a good add-on unit - in the basement. It would be a nice shop heater too. Do they make an auxiliary hopper system to boost capacity?

Yes there is a hopper extension for up to 250 lbs., YES that is 250 pounds of house-warming-bio-fuel! Old Man Winter is mad at Fahrenheit for making this bad boy.

Eric

Nice, sounds like a serious heater for sure though I am surprised that it's output on high is not greater. That's about the same as the Quad Mt. VernonAE.

I always like to see these video's on what others are doing. Thanks for the link. One of the big inefficiencies I see in most smaller pellet stove designs is in the lack of good heat exchange. So many of the designs have a extremely short distance between the firebox and flue exit resulting in 4 to 500°+ exhaust temps. I don't know much about the pellet furnace world, but these guys look to have a good heat exchange design. I wonder what kind of exhaust temps and flue gas CFM they have at the termination.

Status
Not open for further replies.