BIOMASS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TMonter builds biomass-burning power plants for a living, I believe.

There's also an outfit in Vermont called ChipTec that designs and installs biomass boilers for schools and other small-business-type applications.

Are you thinking about chipping or grinding, Lee?

As I recall, you're in New England. That's good--the prices for fuel chips are much better in the Northeast than in the Midwest.

Planning on grinding. Grinding will give me several markets to cater to. Have researched grinders and markets for 6-7 years now. I think with the increased demand and price as of lately it could be profitable.

What are you looking to grind? I just spoke with a friend of mine who has a pallet recycling bussiness. He was looking into the possibility of grinding his waste

I don't know if you've ever been to our show, Lee, but this year we're having a grinder demo, with the big CBI and Bandit models (and hopefully others) going at it toe-to-toe.

http://www.nefpexpo.net

I have a client who does high-volume wood chips (whole tree) for a variety of companies including schools, a paper mill, and an electric utility. Many trailer loads per day. This is in western Vermont. Seems like an interesting business. I wasn't aware of the range of requirements and special needs within the wood chip market.

Eric

Yes, I've been and to many others (Booneville,NY,Richmond VA,Nelsonville OH and Cherry Grove,PA). Been around sawmills and logging operations my whole life. Have even operated a few tub grinders.The CBI is at the top of my list but Morbark and Peterson Pacific are a close second as there is a dealer 30 miles from here.My cousin operates a pallet shop close by and I own a sawmill as well as haul mill byproducts from 16 other mills ,also have 2 good friends with tree services so I have the raw material to grind.

Status
Not open for further replies.