Birthday Present from AEP yesterday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whodaman

Jan 16, 2013
Lexington, OH
Today is my birthday, but I received an early gift yesterday morning. My wife called me at work and said a guy from AEP was at the front door with a release to take down two dead ash trees at the corner of my property and City owned land. It's all wooded and the trees were leaning toward power poles. Both big trees. I asked to talk to the gentleman on the phone and he said they would take down the trees and I could have the firewood. He said, "if you have an indoor wood burner, I'll cut them to 18" for you". So, when I got home from work last night I about peed my pants seeing two trees cut down and all the wood cut to 18" and waiting for me to stack!! I guess I pay AEP enough, so it was time for them to put some money back in my pocket!

Today is my birthday, but I received an early gift yesterday morning. My wife called me at work and said a guy from AEP was at the front door with a release to take down two dead ash trees at the corner of my property and City owned land. It's all wooded and the trees were leaning toward power poles. Both big trees. I asked to talk to the gentleman on the phone and he said they would take down the trees and I could have the firewood. He said, "if you have an indoor wood burner, I'll cut them to 18" for you". So, when I got home from work last night I about peed my pants seeing two trees cut down and all the wood cut to 18" and waiting for me to stack!! I guess I pay AEP enough, so it was time for them to put some money back in my pocket!

Congrats & Happy Birthday!

Split it then stack it.

Great birthday gift!

Don't get no better than that ![/quote

Yes it does. My neighbor had a maple, locust , and mulberry taken down the other day. I told my wife when she called me at work and told her to let them know that if they left the trees I would take them and save them from the big grinder. The workers saw my splitter and cut them in 18" rounds and left them next to the splitter!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.