Birthday present

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lukem said:
smokinjay said:
Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
GAMMA RAY said:
Happy Birthday Flatbed!!! You must have been a good boy this year!!!
She sure is pretty posing in those photos.....
I hope you are gonna give her a good name......Maybes Mona? ;-)
Do you guys really name your "power equipment"? :)

Yep, little bit, Miss Thang! and HOG because its to Big to be a girl! ;-)

My 288XP now answers to "krigare kung",Swedish for Warrior King :lol:

lol :lol:

I guess I need creative German names for my saws, blower, and trimmer.

Mine all have a personality's to say the least! None any worse than the 880 on a hot day flooded....Its enough to make 4 guys and a women go home! ;-)

If I was gonna name it, I would probably go with Siegfried. For those of you who are not fans of Wagnerian opera, Siegfried was quite a bad ass warrior and hero.

Flatbedford said:
If I was gonna name it, I would probably go with Siegfried. For those of you who are not fans of Wagnerian opera, Siegfried was quite a bad ass warrior and hero.

What kinda of gas you running, might try some of that 100 octane. ;-)

smokinjay said:
Flatbedford said:

What kinda of gas you running, might try some of that 100 octane. ;-)

I had a bacon burger with carmelized onions,smoked BBQ beans & sweet corn for lunch.I'll find out in a few hrs.

I was wrong then...always thought the "tools" got female names....well ya learn something new everyday.... ;-)

GAMMA RAY said:
I was wrong then...always thought the "tools" got female names....well ya learn something new everyday.... ;-)

sometimes best to go with semi-andogenous names...like Pat.

oh, and Happy B-day.

:cheese:
GAMMA RAY said:

Your right most would get a female name, but there is times when the tool is just to strong or big for a womens name. :cheese:

I could name it Brunhilde. She is the head Valkyrie and bride (and aunt) of Siegfried. Kinda like a German Amazon. Also daughter of Wotan, king of the gods.

Flatbedford said:
I could name it Brunhilde. She is the head Valkyrie and bride (and aunt) of Siegfried. Kinda like a German Amazon. Also daughter of Wotan, king of the gods.

Thats Better! :cheese:

I am gonna name one of ours "Gamma Ray".....Gamma rays are high energy and penetrating.....
perfect name for a chainsaw...IMHO :cheese:
Now maybe since I "named" it he will let me touch that mutha.... :lol:
Dying to get my hands on it... ;-)

GAMMA RAY said:
I am gonna name one of ours "Gamma Ray".....Gamma rays are high energy and penetrating.....

What saw do you have?

smokinjay said:
GAMMA RAY said:

What saw do you have?

I am pretty sure it is the same Stihl that Flatbed got...and oh there's a couple more.....he hoards building materials and apparently saws now too....I will have to take an inventory....
I know they all kinda look the same but I am educating myself......so if a new one "appears" I will know if somethins fishy... ;-)
I am knew at all this stuff....I think I got the wood and stove operation down but the power tools...nah....
He is gonna regret I ever found Hearth.com!!!!! :lol:
"Oh honey, where did that extra 1000 bucks go last month? HUH????"....busted!!!!!!

GAMMA RAY said:
sm said:
GAMMA RAY said:

What saw do you have?

I am pretty sure it is the same Stihl that Flatbed got...and oh there's a couple more.....he hoards building materials and apparently saws now too....I will have to take an inventory....
I know they all kinda look the same but I am educating myself......so if a new one "appears" I will know if somethins fishy... ;-)
I am knew at all this stuff....I think I got the wood and stove operation down but the power tools...nah....
He is gonna regret I ever found Hearth.com!!!!! :lol:
"Oh honey, where did that extra 1000 bucks go last month? HUH????"....busted!!!!!!

Yea we can dial you in pretty quick. My gf runs my large saw milling pretty well. The mid size is a little crazy and can jump all over the place (miss thang) and the little one she thinks she should have the green light to run it by herself...That part is ok but she want to run it with no one to dial 911....Shes a pistol! Reminds me I better check it...lol

Yeah well just wait till he gets home tonite..... :coolsmirk:

Mrs. Flatbedford has run the 029. She is a city kid so, when we bought the house, she said she wanted to know how to use all the outdoor stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.