Bit the bullet, bought a stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbmaine

Apr 4, 2009
USA
first, let me say thanks to everyone who responded to my recent posts and gave me your advice, experience and recommendations. It helped a lot. Over the last several weeks My wife and I have been going all over the place looking at different brands and models trying to decide what was right for us. We finally decided on getting a harman P68. After hitting all the local dealers we purchased one from home and hearth in Hampton falls. We visited them twice before making a decision and found them very helpful. We got the stove on sale for $600 off regular price. I don't know if they raised the price any before putting them on sale but they were a good $300 cheaper than any other place we looked at. They were happy to have me pick up and install the stove my self while supporting any warranty or service issues if needed. This saved me a $450 installation charge plus about $180 in sales tax. They were also happy to keep the stove until I sold my old one. So as of right now my old stove is up for sale, I've made room in the basement for four tons of pellets and I am looking forward to getting the P68. As long as I can burn pellets for the same or lesser $$$ than oil this will be my new primary heat source.
Thanks again everyone, we really appreciate all your help
JB

Thanks for letting us know how you decided. I wondered which way you would go. I bought my stove from your dealer and it's been no problem this first year. Enjoy the summer and enjoy the new stove in the next fall.

By the way, to start I bought my first ton of pellets (New England Wood Pellets) from the dealer. They worked fine and since then I've tested other brands on my own, picking up a few bags here and there. You might want a couple of recommendations from the dealer. Of course, if you read this forum, you will see hundreds (thousands?) of opinions on different pellet brands and prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.