1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Bitter sweet day -- tearing out my Biomass 60

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by mikefrommaine, Apr 1, 2013.

1. It was a random diagram from google images.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. maple1

maple1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    We could have run with this one a little further - it had serious potential. :)
    Tennman likes this.
  3. After your first reply I didn't think anyone would buy my story. Gotta get up early to get something by you Canadiens, Eh?
  4. maple1

maple1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    I thought the 'rumours' angle would keep the flow going - took me a while to come up with it, it being before I had my morning caffiene shot & all..
    mikefrommaine likes this.
  5. Blue Tornado

Blue Tornado Guest

Gotta say thanks for the levity Mike, yours is the only one all day. Although not the "best ever" it rates in the top ten, well done.
  6. chewy

chewy Member

Loc:
    Indiana

I thought you guys might like this. I just stumbled on this video doing a v-gun search.

erin
  7. BoilerMan

BoilerMan Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Maine
    "this unit is designed to ONLY 'burn' wet wood" I love it. Mike that is what you need! no need to season any more. And look at how efficient it is, there is nothing comming out the stack, um is the guy blind?

TS
  8. Takes 16-17 firings a day. And he can't believe how efficient it is?
  9. chewy

chewy Member

Loc:
    Indiana
    One thing I noticed right off the bat was that it has a light bulb. You just don't see that on any of those euro gassers. It's such a simple concept.

Taylor I think what you are seeing from the stack is water vapor.

Erin
  10. infinitymike

infinitymike Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Always gotta throw a dig out there.
  11. Fred61

Fred61 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southeastern Vt.
    Depends on your/my viewpoint. From your angle it seems like a "dig". From my point of view I purchased a product and got royally screwed and have a good reason to feel the way I do and to be able to express my feelings. We have opinions from owners expressing the merits and the pitfalls of various units on this forum and I should be as eligable to do so as anyone else here.
  12. heaterman

heaterman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Falmouth, Michigan

Someone tell me this is an April Fool's day joke. Please........just please let it be a joke....:eek:

LOL that is a great video Erin.
  13. chewy

chewy Member

Loc:
    Indiana
    I wish I could, but unfortunately I can't! On the upside I have a light bulb!

Erin
  14. BoilerMan

Loc:
    Northern Maine
    I thnk it's unburned hydrocarbons AKA smoke. Smoke lingers after the white water vapor, and this bluish stuff coming out of the stack looks like smoke to me. Water vapor would be white, but if you burn wet wood........I guess you'd have alot of water.........which has to go somewhere, cold combustion, as the boiling water only boils at 212F at atmosphereic pressure.

Erin, how can they claim 99% efficiency in the v-gun? The theoryetical ceiling of wood combustion and heat extraction is in the 80-85% range which has been proven time and time again on here. Over 85% and the water starts to condense out of the flue gasses and bad things happen, unless you are Nofossil's brother who does that intentionally in his expieremental boiler setup. The condensate from wood I'd imagine would be nasty and acidic, high grade SS all the way, not the cheapo 300 series that we use for flue pipe.

TS
  15. chewy

chewy Member

Loc:
    Indiana
    Um...what?

Erin
  16. chewy

chewy Member

Loc:
    Indiana
    The salesman said it was 99% efficient, but only if I burn wet wood.

Erin
  17. BoilerMan

Loc:
    Northern Maine
    Oh CRAP erin you got me again!
    It's the sig......and mike alrady did it, and I still fell for it.......................

I love the heating 650 square feet with 15,000 gal of storage!!!!! Super efficient too!

TS
  18. chewy

chewy Member

Loc:
    Indiana
    Taylor, I kinda thought you got me!!! You put a verbal smack down on me, and left me speechless!!

This is somewhat true. The vid is showing my actual free heat machine. That's about the only truth. I'm hoping to get a gasser in the future. I just saw an opportunity for laugh and if you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at. Sometimes I just sit in awe starring at stack and how inefficient my owb "free heat machine" is!

Erin
  19. Love the signature '1st generation v-gun (99% efficient)'

Must be using european math. I think if you had waited for the v-gun(L) you would have been happier.
  20. Blue Tornado

Blue Tornado Guest

Today is April 3rd.
  21. Tennman

Tennman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Tenn
    Thanks Taylor, very considerate. I feel much better.
  22. maple1

maple1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    That's a great vid. Awesome. ;lol
  23. I don't think I could have done it without laughing.
  24. maple1

maple1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    BTW, you have my full sympathies in owning that thing.
  25. chewy

chewy Member

Loc:
    Indiana
    If you are lucky I will post the first 3 takes!!! I was laughing so hard. There are a couple of pauses in the final take where I almost lost it!

Erin