Bitternut Hickory Nuts Wanted

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EDGE

Sep 28, 2008
Northeastern ND
I am looking to buy bitternut hickory nuts. I want them for sowing. I will prefer nuts from trees growing up north--- say from trees in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ontario, and New York. Price negotiable.

You might want to check out a couple of nurseries. I bought a couple of trees from Autumn Ridge, I think they are down in Tenn. They chit them bare root in the spring. I bought a pecan tree just because it is different than all the shagbark hickory and oak that I have. It was only a couple of dollars and shipped at about 18". After a couple months it is now growing with big leaves. If Autumn Ridge doesn't have it I'm sure they will find someone close by to them that does.

Status
Not open for further replies.