Bixby 115 maxfire #8982 help please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm Drifter

Nov 10, 2016
Mantua, Ohio
I have had this Bixby Maxfire 115 since new, about 7 or 8 years. For the most part it has been a good stove but, now i have a problem i cant fix. The ignitors stay on all the time, with the stove plugged in i can plug the exhaust fan into the ignitor port and the fan runs with the stove turned off. With the trouble shooting guides available online it points to the ignitor board as the issue. I cannot find a ignitor board available anywhere. Does anyone know of anybody that could help with this issue. I have tried to contact Mike with BixbyStoveParts via telephone and email with no response from him. He has been very helpful in the past with issues with this stove so i hope everything is ok with him. I will also need a pair of ignitors. I do not want to replace stove at this time do to finances.
Any help help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Storm Drifter

Whatever controls the ignitor - triac or relay - may be shorted. You could follow the ignitor wires to the control, then follow the traces on the board. Both are inexpensive items, but require soldering on the control board. Perhaps you could do a search to find someone who could repair the board you have. I'm not familiar with your stove, so can't be much more help - sorry!

Just giving it a bump up, hopefully somebody can give me some direction with this thing. I do like it when it runs properly and really dont want to replace it yet. I have located the ignitors online but i just dont want to spend the cash if i cant fix the issue.
Thanks

Hey lake girl, i just spoke with Mark at Ahona. I am following up with email and it looks as if they may be able to repair what i have. Thanks a bunch for the info, i will keep everybody updated as to the status of the Bixby.

P.S. I have been looking online and making phone calls about this for about 6 months before i found hearth.com.

Thanks again

Glad to hear they may be able to help. No new boards left though right? Better repaired than not at all:) There are a few Bixby owners around so it will be interesting to see if they can get you up and running...

Reactions: rich2500
No new boards anywhere to be found, i have been looking for about 6 months or so. I check ebay every few days along with a web search. So hopefully, Mark at Ahona can help.

No new boards anywhere to be found, i have been looking for about 6 months or so. I check ebay every few days along with a web search. So hopefully, Mark at Ahona can help.
You can send it in to be renewed plus get the latest software. Give Ralph Blume a call as he sells igniters for your stove also. When you send it in loosen the wing nuts on the metal fame that holds both the mother board and igniter board . His number is 717-448-9271

Here is the latest with the Bixby. I have just spoke with Ralph Blume and he is able to repair the board. I will be sending this to him as soon as i return from thankgiving dinner in Cape Cod eith the wifes family. I will have a rough turm around time of 2 weeks whitch is fine with me. I am really happy to get my Bixby back up and running. I will send a update as soon as repairs are completed.
Thanks to all who have helped, this really means a lot to me.
Storm Drifter

Happy Days, stove has been running non-stop since 6 last night. Parts arrived back from Ralph yesterday afternoon, so i clean it up and put it back together. A great big thanks for putting me in contact with Ralph Blume.
Thanks again
Storm Drifter

Reactions: Lake Girl
Status
Not open for further replies.