1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntingbuck101

huntingbuck101 New Member

Loc:
    Northern MN
    Thinking of buying a Bixby 115 and would like some info on it. Not much on the search forums about them. I do realize they cost a lot.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Some info here:

http://www.hinkletown.com/bixby

Ray
  3. nailed_nailer

nailed_nailer Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Cape Cod, Ma
    I looked at them a few years ago.

I like the biomass fuel burning ability they have but I didn't like the price.

Ton of info here. Brand specific.

http://forum.iburncorn.com/

Good luck,

---Nailer---
  4. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    I bought one for our store and ran it. I sent it back. The autolight seemed unreliable, and the stove in general was very loud. A couple other things that made me nervous about the company is their lack of knowledge about how the industry works. When initially ordering the stove I asked if they would be at the HPBA show so I could see the stoves in person. They're response was that "generally it is the dealers responsibility to promote the products at shows and fairs, not the companies." In other words the person I was talking to had no idea what the show was, when I clarified I recieved a confused "no" in response. I did not like the proprietary pipe that costs almost double of what the conventional brands cost. I did like the look of the stove, and the auger system was interesting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.