Bixby 115

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at them a few years ago.

I like the biomass fuel burning ability they have but I didn't like the price.

Ton of info here. Brand specific.

http://forum.iburncorn.com/

Good luck,

---Nailer---

I bought one for our store and ran it. I sent it back. The autolight seemed unreliable, and the stove in general was very loud. A couple other things that made me nervous about the company is their lack of knowledge about how the industry works. When initially ordering the stove I asked if they would be at the HPBA show so I could see the stoves in person. They're response was that "generally it is the dealers responsibility to promote the products at shows and fairs, not the companies." In other words the person I was talking to had no idea what the show was, when I clarified I recieved a confused "no" in response. I did not like the proprietary pipe that costs almost double of what the conventional brands cost. I did like the look of the stove, and the auger system was interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.