Bixby Ash Dump jams with corn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MJust

Dec 8, 2016
De Soto, Ks
I have been trying to burn corn with a Bixby maxfire 120 the last 2 years and when it goes through an ash dump cycle, the process jams up because the spent "biscuit" is too hard to break up.

This year I actually went to a mix of 25% pellets and 75% corn, and I still have the problem. I have tried multiple combinations of settings on the fuel mix, feed, and exhaust dials, and nothing seems to work.

I currently have the exhaust fan set to the very lowest setting, the feed at almost +20%, and fuel set to corn.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to the forum. Rona and Bioburner are the most experienced with these stoves and corn so be patient...

Status
Not open for further replies.