1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Bixby pellet stove division closed

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Lake Girl, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Lake Girl

Lake Girl Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Ontario

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. chimneylinerjames

chimneylinerjames Feeling the Heat

I would stay clear of Bixby, I have only had and heard of problems with them.
  3. ohbix

ohbix Member

Loc:
    OH
    Hey, my Bix is slightly offended. Burning for 5 or 6 years, mainly pellets, some corn, and aside from replacing fan bearings, it has been great. The only time I've had trouble is when I've forgotten to feed it pellets... Seriously, parts are still available thru bixbystoveparts and a PA dealer Blume.

as I've never posted a picture of it, here you go. I replaced the screw holding the side panel w/ magnets.

bix mar 2013.jpg
  4. DOLLARBILL

DOLLARBILL Member

Loc:
    Between Augusta and Lewiston Maine
    I also have a Bixby but it is no longer in the House we use it at my shop ! I just could not put up with it any longer the Harman is Worlds better less agravation all the way around yes parts are available from both of the mentioned sources but again a pain to work on to clean a real pain and I had one for 6 years ! Ohh and try and sell it ..no deal ! If you havent caught on I have a bad taste towards them ! they are a four letter word....JUNK !!!!
  5. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Quit holding back Bill. Tell us how ya really feel? ;lol
  6. DOLLARBILL

DOLLARBILL Member

Loc:
    Between Augusta and Lewiston Maine
    BB so sorry I had friends that purchased the Bixby because I did ...I felt bad but that being said most of them are still happy only because they don't know the difference , and I must say if you grow and burn corn the stove throws great heat but corn prices here in Maine are crazy ! 6 years ago I payed150 a ton today it's like 450 a ton !