Bixby pellet stove division closed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake Girl

Nov 12, 2011
NW Ontario
Hey, my Bix is slightly offended. Burning for 5 or 6 years, mainly pellets, some corn, and aside from replacing fan bearings, it has been great. The only time I've had trouble is when I've forgotten to feed it pellets... Seriously, parts are still available thru bixbystoveparts and a PA dealer Blume.

as I've never posted a picture of it, here you go. I replaced the screw holding the side panel w/ magnets.

bix mar 2013.jpg

I also have a Bixby but it is no longer in the House we use it at my shop ! I just could not put up with it any longer the Harman is Worlds better less agravation all the way around yes parts are available from both of the mentioned sources but again a pain to work on to clean a real pain and I had one for 6 years ! Ohh and try and sell it ..no deal ! If you havent caught on I have a bad taste towards them ! they are a four letter word....JUNK !!!!

Quit holding back Bill. Tell us how ya really feel? ;lol

Quit holding back Bill. Tell us how ya really feel? ;lol
BB so sorry I had friends that purchased the Bixby because I did ...I felt bad but that being said most of them are still happy only because they don't know the difference , and I must say if you grow and burn corn the stove throws great heat but corn prices here in Maine are crazy ! 6 years ago I payed150 a ton today it's like 450 a ton !

Status
Not open for further replies.