BK Chinook update; One year later

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the same crap in mine, not really worried about it, also have it in the back corner of my Keystone. You could probably burn it off if you built a hot fire in the back of the box.

How do you adjust the bypass door on your stoves?
The manual says how to adjust the door, but not the bypass...

The bypass somewhat resists me pulling out the dollar bill, but not very much.
I'd like to tighten it down a bit...

The cap looked clean from the ground but I climbed on the roof as far as I felt comfortable (12/12 pitch) and took a look at the cap... It looked pretty gunky. So I took the soot eater and made sure I crammed it all the way to the top and beat the heck out of the cap.... hopefully it got it off... a ton of big flaky creosote came down. We'll see how it goes.

If it's like mine, there is a 1/4" bolt threaded thru a clip on the damper. Turning the bolt in bends that clip out a little more so it closes tighter. Loosen the locknut and turn it in. I went 1/4 turn at a time until I got what I wanted. I have only done that once. I think after the rope flattens out initially, that adjustment will last a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.