BK Insert isa buzzy SOB....help! (vid)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bster13

Minister of Fire
Feb 24, 2012
CT
This says (shows?) it all:

sounds like something is loose that attaches that fan housing to the stove..........have you checked to see if the housing can be tightened ?..........Or its an off balance fan shaft................In that case call BK ..they will take care of ya.

Anyone else experience this?

Sounds like a sympathetic vibration. Could be something supporting the blower just needs tightening up. Or perhaps the rear heat shield is a little loose?

I dunno, sounds to me like the rheostat has an issue. I could hear a click when the buzzing started/stopped

Contact BK support and send them a link to the video.

I have replaced one that did the same thing yours is doing. It was replaced under warranty, no sweat!
Contact the dealer that you bought it from, they should take care of it for you.

Reactions: Oldhippie
Spoke to BK, actually they called me first thing this morning (and they are on Pacific Time! :eek:) and spoke to Chis their VP. He stated the blowers are sourced from a 3rd party and once in awhile you get a bad one. He said the blower is covered for 1 yr and my local dealer will be there to swap it out. :)

Spoke to BK, actually they called me first thing this morning (and they are on Pacific Time! :eek:) and spoke to Chis their VP. He stated the blowers are sourced from a 3rd party and once in awhile you get a bad one. He said the blower is covered for 1 yr and my local dealer will be there to swap it out. :)
Mine started doing the same thing but I found if I lifted the cord it stopped, I was past warranty so I ended up laying a piece of honey locust over the cord and it stopped the buzzing. Someone else's also buzzed, I think his screen name is Lanning.

I'll play with the cord, but my buzzing centered around the knob as you can see in the vid.

I'll play with the cord, but my buzzing centered around the knob as you can see in the vid.

Mine did too but moving the cord around stopped it, don't ask me how or why. I'm not usually in the room with the stove so it doesn't bother me but I can see how it would drive someone nuts if they spent time in the room with the stove.

Played with the cord, no dice. Will wait for warranty from my local dealer.

Played with the cord, no dice. Will wait for warranty from my local dealer.
I've had a few that just needed a little adjustment and only 1 that needed replaced. It might be fixable, either way the dealer will take care of it.

The blower certainly pushs air. Whether it is a replacement or a small tweak, whatever works!

Status
Not open for further replies.