BK Install question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sequoia

Apr 10, 2015
Iowa
I'm installing in a mobile home and I need to install a ground wire but I don't know where it connects to the stove. Should I connect it to one of the lag bolts that anchors the stove? Also, what gage wire should I use?

According to the online pdf for ashford 30 tou need an 8 gage wire attached to the stove and a suitable ground.

This has got to be in case of lightning strike on the chimney, i cant think of another rational reason for it.

For parts, try your local high end car stereo shoppe. A couole feet of 8awg with connectors crimped on ought to be under 20 bucks.

Any old screw on the back of the stove, no idea where to attach it to the trailer.

According to the online pdf for ashford 30 tou need an 8 gage wire attached to the stove and a suitable ground.

This has got to be in case of lightning strike on the chimney, i cant think of another rational reason for it.

For parts, try your local high end car stereo shoppe. A couole feet of 8awg with connectors crimped on ought to be under 20 bucks.

Any old screw on the back of the stove, no idea where to attach it to the trailer.

Home depot will have rolls of 8 gauge wire sold by the foot. It's cheap.

Not only lightning but also static electricity build up. Mobile home means different things to different people. Sometimes these mobile homes are still on tires!

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.