BK love

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyShackleford

Minister of Fire
Jan 6, 2009
NC
Well, it's getting into "shoulder" season here in the south, and I'm starting
to make small fires. Even burning low enough to not overheat the house
when the outside temps are in the 40s, I'm having no trouble getting nice
12+ hours burns with full catalyst engagement. And even though the
catalyst goes inactive sometime before it's time for the next evening's
fire, there's plenty of coals to build a new one easily. I love this stove.

Just installed my new BK Classic Saturday.
Got 17 hours off maybe 2'3 load and there was still some wood left.
It was fairly warm though and it was mostly on one.
But I love that thermostat.
Looking forward to the first cold snap to see how this one does compared to the old non cat BK that I had.

Thanks for the reports, guys!

I hope BK owners will continue to report their experiences--I'm planning on buying one, and your glowing (pun intended) reports help me to suck it up about them looking so danged ugly to me, lol. :coolsmirk:

well i dont really think there ugly. i actually think mine is cool looking. i know there are other good stoves out there but this stove just continues to amaze me. its so easy and very helpful to my long working days i put in that i dont have to rush in to get another load in quick cuz it'll die out. its just an amazing beast!. very easy to use and maintain.

Status
Not open for further replies.