BK Parts Backorder?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tylorklein

Sep 8, 2014
Minnesota
Hi,

Wondering if anyone else is waiting on parts from Blazeking or know anything (BKVP?) about how long they are backordered on kits and components? Our princess was just installed today but unfortunately the outside air kit was not in yet and it didn't ship with the door. We ordered it a couple months ago but apparently the OAK has been on backorder the whole time and not sure about the door (waiting to hear from our dealer) so we can't fire it up yet (OAK won't be a gating issue to break-in fire but would be nice to get on there). We aren't freezing since we have a Sirocco 30 in the basement but looking at that thing and not being able to fire it is going to get at me...

Thanks,

That's a long wait. It might be faster to fabricate your own. Is there a 4" hole on the back of the stove or is it rectangular?

Rectangular - I found the manual for the kit online and looks like its basically a metal cover with a stub for connecting the flexible pipe to so I am sure there are options for working around having the kit (I know I've seen at least one thread on it before). I'm fine burning without the OAK for now but I need to put stone up on the back wall of my alcove and want to get the OAK squared away before that. The door however I really can't work around (unless my Sirocco door fits but then that one is out of commission) so until that's here the stove will just have to sit there and tempt me.

Status
Not open for further replies.