BK Princess fans

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin*

Burning Hunk
Nov 29, 2011
SNOHOMISH, WA
Just got her installed this weekend and got and the came in today. Stoaked it up slowly and now the stove top temp is at 450-475 and the fans still aren't on. I checked the outlet and it's all good. i would think they would be on by now. I know the dealer pulled the fans off a floor model when i was waiting over 1 hour for them to pull it together.
Are mine DOA? is there something i can check?

Thanks!

Probably a wire disconnected somewhere. Check to make sure all the wires are connected right. It is not a difficult electrical circuit, but if you are not comfortable working with electricity, better get your dealer involved.

So, did they turn on? The snap disk doesn't have the quickest reaction time. They will stay on long after you think they should be off, blowing cool air.

My stove top temp is sitting at 500 right now. I can touch the back of the stove next to where the snap disk is, and hold my fingers there. It may take some time to get warm enough, from a cold start, until they come on.

Thought you were buying a Sirocco. When did you change your mind?

Yeah i thought so too but after speaking with BK for 30 mins turns out the princess is better for my place, then after seeing it at the dealer i was sold. Couldn't turn down that huge firebox.

Spoke with BK again today about the snap disk and bypassed it per their instructions, still no workie. Getting new fans shipped out today. The fans were on a display unit at the dealer so...

Got the 1st burn done last night, will get another going when i get home.. don't know if i will have enough wood for the season this year though..

Status
Not open for further replies.