BK Princess ultra: replacing entire chimney - 6 or 7" insulated chimney?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steve19

Hi guys,

Been a while since I've been on here. I need some advice regarding installing a new chimney.

My existing chimney is 23 years old (product no longer available). The new chimney i'm going to install is made by SuperVent (home depot carries it) and offers both 6 and 7" internal diameters.The main reason I'm asking is because on my BK princess stove, the collar that comes off the stove is slightly larger than 6", so with my exisiting chimney, I use an adapter that goes from 7" to 6". So, with my NEW chimney install, should I just stick with 6" diameter or should I consier 7" diameter?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks!
Steve

It's best to go with whatever the ID of the stove exhaust collar is all the way up. Is this an older model Princess? How much over 6" ID is the collar?

That's weird. It's supposed to be 6". The 7" flue is a rare beast these days, I wouldn't install it.

7" pipe is rarer and more expensive. If you chose it, be sure that all you have all the parts before starting the project.

In this case, unless the chimney height is short, or there are several 90's in the connector path, I'd use 6" chimney and put an adapter on the stove.

The Princess uses a 6" pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.