BK PWC 1500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetle-Kill

Minister of Fire
Sep 8, 2009
Colorado- near the Divide
I was just "gifted" my FIL's Blaze King PWC 1500. It is in very good condition, having not been used in over a decade and very little prior to that. Now, should I even consider installing it? It would go in the location intended for my NC-13. Thanks, JB

It's an old tank and will never burn as cleanly or efficiently as the Englander. Plus it takes an 8" flue. If the 13NC is doing a good job, keep it and find a better home for the black beast.

Last edited:
I agree, that thing IS a tank. The only reason I'd consider using it is the ability to burn coal also. I have to take it into my possession regardless of the end usage. I may get a wild hair and cut the guts out of it and convert it to secondary-air. The coal burning option has me curious though.

Status
Not open for further replies.