BK Sirocco 30 stove pipe height.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffsk7

Aug 16, 2014
washington state
Looks like I need at least 2' of vertical pipe before I make any angle runs. It says 3' is recommended. Anyone ever do 2'. If so how has the draw been? I'm thinking I can get 2' max before I need to run a 45.

1426b3c7eb9868febbca1c90523f7212.jpg
7b29f3129b3f6be0ed20b6378c0fd36d.jpg

I think it will be ok, it's more of an offset. Does the chimney go straight up after that? What is the gutter drain pipe doing there?
That old Country is a tank.

That actually is plumbed into the back of the stove. It was for the external blower. Pretty convenient because the blower was mounted out of the way. Making the back of the stove open. The chimney if you can see from picture two is off set to the left. I'm hoping to get the flex liner through that bend. I'll take some better pics when I get home.

12 hours on 8 medium splits at 2 on the stat, 24 hours on a full box at 1.5 on the stat.

In our milder climate I think you'll do great.

I have 2 - 45's right off the top of the stove. Works fine but I have a tall chimney.

That looks like just a shallow offset (4"?) created by rotating the sections of an adjustable elbow. How much of an offset will there be with the new stove? If 6" you can put a pair of 6" 45 deg elbows together.

I think 6" but it might be 8". I'll have to take some measurements and figure that out. My chimney is 18' heigh. So I hope using a double 45's right on top the stove won't affect the draw. But as soon as it clears that hole the flex pipe needs to make two more 45 or so turns before it heads straight up 18'

I think 6" but it might be 8". I'll have to take some measurements and figure that out. My chimney is 18' heigh. So I hope using a double 45's right on top the stove won't affect the draw. But as soon as it clears that hole the flex pipe needs to make two more 45 or so turns before it heads straight up 18'

That's wonky. It sounds like this was never a fireplace but an outside chimney and the PO built a nice hearth for that country stove. What are the odds of coming straight out of the main vertical chimney with a horizontal crock, put in a 45 down, maybe a section of pipe, then another 45 down to vertical, and then a vertical pipe right into the stove?

i have that same "S" type turn 6" above my ashford before it goes up 30'+ of lined ss chimney. i think i have too much draft. i actually put in an old style turn damper. still not getting the longer burns i should yet. still tweaking and seeing what happens.

That's wonky. It sounds like this was never a fireplace but an outside chimney and the PO built a nice hearth for that country stove. What are the odds of coming straight out of the main vertical chimney with a horizontal crock, put in a 45 down, maybe a section of pipe, then another 45 down to vertical, and then a vertical pipe right into the stove?

I should have mentioned that. Yes this masonry chimney was built for the country stove when the house was built in 1983. This is my family house that I just purchased. That is the original stove. The chimney is not directly in line with the stove because they made a rain block above the old 8 inch pipe. The vertical run of the chimney is off set to the left if looking at the stove.

i have that same "S" type turn 6" above my ashford before it goes up 30'+ of lined ss chimney. i think i have too much draft. i actually put in an old style turn damper. still not getting the longer burns i should yet. still tweaking and seeing what happens.

This is good info thank you. I think I should be fine then. How long of burn times are you getting?

Do I need to run double wall pipe within the existing chimney to get better draft? Been reading lots about blaze kings needing double wall pipe. Don't want to spend the extra cash if I don't need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.