Black Ash Suddenly A Mess

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1BadTitan

Nov 19, 2009
South Eastern PA
I have been burning this stove for about 3 weeks now, and finally decided I liked the Linetics pellets and the way they burned. So I bought a ton of them, and ever since the first bag off that pallet, I get black ash and have to clean my stove every day. What could that be from? I have to scrape the pot and wipe my glass every day now. What's my problem?

1BadTitan said:
I have been burning this stove for about 3 weeks now, and finally decided I liked the Linetics pellets and the way they burned. So I bought a ton of them, and ever since the first bag off that pallet, I get black ash and have to clean my stove every day. What could that be from? I have to scrape the pot and wipe my glass every day now. What's my problem?
ok you have been burning for 3 weeks but it is new or is that 3 weeks this season?
if you are getting black ash it is from lack of combustion.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/13419/

Status
Not open for further replies.