Black Friday Delivery

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last minute score ... all oak, bucked, and delivered free this afternoon.
Didn't even have to wake up and go to the mall @ 6am.

20141128_162451.jpg

Way to go...

Reactions: Snigg
i'd be happy to wake up to that.

I'd much rather hang around and split that up than go to the (yuck) mall...

Reactions: 1750
nice score, better then mall any day

I'd much rather hang around and split that up than go to the (yuck) mall...
Tell me about it, spent 4 hours I'll never get back yesterday.

OP, nice score, you gonna split now or wait til spring?

Best Black Friday ever! Nice score. Now get out that splitter...

Yup, mall is out, cutting wood is in.. now if I just could get the girlfriend to think like me lol

I am definitely out of the norm because I HATE shopping . . . except at the Garden Center or the grocery store is okay. I have to reserve my opinion on chopping wood cuz I haven't done it yet. That's going to happen by spring.

I think your tree service deserves a gift. Beer, donuts, gift cards.... or all of the above!

JP

Chopping is easier IMO in the winter as long as its not very icy, the logs pop open better when frozen

@kennyp2339 Chopping wood in the winter might be easier, but it's also easier (I presume) if you are in the vicinity of the wood you plan to chop. My wood is waiting for me at the new house . . . 900 miles away . . . not that I really thought your comment was intended for me but a reply on the thread itself! :)

Wow - new house and new wood pile.. Good luck, what are you going to run in the new place? Free stander or insert ?

@Kenny2339 Well, it's kind of humerous. I have a gas furnace that I had to have an electric heat pump put on (will get a rebate so it only cost $200 extra) in order for my house to be considered "Energy Efficient" so I could get the building permit right away. I have an Pacific Energy Super 27 freestanding wood stove on a raised hearth in the middle of the house in the living room that I plan to heat with by next winter. I won't have any wood dry except the fir cut offs once they've been moved out of the rain (plan to do that on this coming trip so they'll be dry by Feb).

I sure wish I had the score Craig S got on Black Friday (not that I could burn it or process it yet)! I do plan to ask the Arborist what he does with his trees he fells. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.