BLACK FRIDAY FATWOOD DEAL!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jotulf3cb

Oct 19, 2009
Philly
I just got this email sent to me from kindlin.com ...... it said that website pricing will be changed on Black Friday "Sharing is Caring"
whatsburning__02.jpg

whatsburning__03.jpg

appreciate the post

I too wish to acknowledge the post

I was never sure what 'fatwood' was until I just Googled it. Apparently it's the center cut of certain pine tree stumps and it holds natural resins that are easy to light and burn hot. I make cedar sticks that size out of 3 rail fence posts that I pay about $6 for. One ten inch section of post splits easily into many dozen pencil size sticks and fills a large basket I keep by the stove. Only takes a few to get a cold start going and they are great to flame up the coals in the morning. I can get through the whole winter on one fence post. Heck of a lot cheaper than buying fancy fat wood that I can't believe does a better job.
Fatwood may have a longer burn than the cedar sticks but costwise, I'll keep making my own.

They have a shipping calculator in their "shopping cart" so that you can calculate the shipping cost before placing an order.

For me it would be twenty dollars for the sixty pound.

Good deal on the product the shipping cost is another story though...

Ray

SORRY ..... BFK50 is the coupon code. Although it says not found the price gets adjusted accordingly

Kenster said:
I was never sure what 'fatwood' was until I just Googled it. Apparently it's the center cut of certain pine tree stumps and it holds natural resins that are easy to light and burn hot. I make cedar sticks that size out of 3 rail fence posts that I pay about $6 for. One ten inch section of post splits easily into many dozen pencil size sticks and fills a large basket I keep by the stove. Only takes a few to get a cold start going and they are great to flame up the coals in the morning. I can get through the whole winter on one fence post. Heck of a lot cheaper than buying fancy fat wood that I can't believe does a better job.
Fatwood may have a longer burn than the cedar sticks but costwise, I'll keep making my own.

I was like that too till I tried fatwood. But then I said I didn't like bourbon till I had good bourbon. Guess it proves that its hard to judge till you have the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.