"Black Friday" = wood "shopping" only...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shari

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2008
Wisconsin
You will NEVER catch me out shopping on Black Friday! I don't even go to the grocery story on Black Friday.

The only "shopping" I'm doing today is "shopping" in my woodpile(s) to refill the stacks we store up at the house.

Sounds like we are in for our first, consistent, cold weather for a few days. Wind chills should bring us down to 15 to 20 degrees.

We "evolved" as wood burners just a few years ago. It's been a nice "evolution". :)

Our grown/married/moved away children still don't understand their "Woodburning Parents".

"Just turn the furnace on, Mom!"

Nope. Not here.

Maybe some day our children will "evolve" too. :)

Stay warm everyone!

Near record high yesterday of 69 in early afternoon.By 7PM it was 48 with strong NW gusts.Wind howled all night,still 30-35 at times.Right now its 26 with 11 degree windchill.
78 in here thanks to that Norway/Silver Maple,some smaller Mulberry & a piece or 2 of Eastern Red Cedar scrap mixed in....>>

Raining here now but lake effect snow on the way. Had a chance yesterday when it reached almost 60 to not only go grab another face cord of cut up ash rounds but also move some more wood from the back to the front, side door and garage. Let the cold winter come

This is supposed to be our last nice day before we have the big temp. drop

Yeah, a balmy 60+ here yesterday but a windy 30 degrees today. The stove is belting out some good BTU's.

We hit 60 yesterday too. Snowing now.

You will NEVER catch me out shopping on Black Friday! I don't even go to the grocery story on Black Friday.

The only "shopping" I'm doing today is "shopping" in my woodpile(s) to refill the stacks we store up at the house.

Sounds like we are in for our first, consistent, cold weather for a few days. Wind chills should bring us down to 15 to 20 degrees.
!

+1
Was shopping in the wood box for some day pieces. Found some, burning well now :)

Difference here, may get "Up" to 18° . LOL :)

Status
Not open for further replies.