Black Locust, No Seasoning Required!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, they're the wood bandit's all right! Cheers!

I've got a couple of dead ones in the pipeline. Maybe they won't require much drying...
"Hottest burning wood..." Doesn't it just burn longer? Wouldn't Pine burn hotter? And wouldn't Hedge burn longer?

What does that say on the side of his truck? "Wood Bandit"? I wouldn't advertise that... :lol:

"Wood Bandit" huh? Sounds like the f-ing lowlife wood stealing neighbors that lived behind me for several months.Well they got the message & moved away to Washington state last June. ;-)

Hey.... maybe its them with a new business? Plenty of wood for them to steal out in the PNW... :lol:

I wood love to see a truck that size back up and dump a load (or two or three) of BL rounds that size at my place. Picking these up and getting them in the trailer was a lot of work.

Attachments

• locust rounds at the mulch pile.jpg
    locust rounds at the mulch pile.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 416
I done some this spring. My stack fell over and I was pissed.....Burned pretty darn well!

Thistle said:
"Wood Bandit" huh? Sounds like the f-ing lowlife wood stealing neighbors that lived behind me for several months.Well they got the message & moved away to Washington state last June. ;-)
I was wondering what those flesh-colored stumps on your woodpile were... :lol:

SolarAndWood said:
I wood love to see a truck that size back up and dump a load (or two or three) of BL rounds that size at my place.
Man, those are huge! A lot bigger than any I've seen around here, but I didn't start looking at BL, wasn't aware of it's burn value, until recently...

Status
Not open for further replies.