black wrapped mystery brand pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orangecrushcj7

Feeling the Heat
Jun 30, 2008
Barre MA
I noticed when driving by my local hardware store (after they were closed) that they had a dozen or so tons of pellets outside. I stopped to look to see what brand they were. They were wrapped with a black weather cap, that had nothing on it at all, but a white stencil painted "NUT." any ideas what they are?

hmmm, good point. what is the approximate size of a piece of nut coal? from what I felt of the bags, the contents seemed small like pellets. but I was feeling thru many layers of plastic.

orangecrushcj7 said:
hmmm, good point.....
the contents seemed small like pellets. but I was feeling thru many layers of plastic.

So let me get this straight, you were fondling the pellets
after hours at your local hardware store? Lol. Good thing
the cops didn't come by. Woulda been a hard thing to explain
your way out of. :) ;-P
Sorry, I could not resist!

I do believe they were pellets, destined for those too lazy to do the real wood thing. Probably a simplistic attempt to make pellet burners feel like they are truly independent fuel burners. :blank:

too lazy, or too smart?

orangecrushcj7 said:
hmmm, good point. what is the approximate size of a piece of nut coal? from what I felt of the bags, the contents seemed small like pellets. but I was feeling thru many layers of plastic.

You liberal guys from central mass, we dont go feelin nutin unfamiliar named nuts out here on the coast! Least it was wrapped.

Zeta amd Jester - I really set myself up on this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.