blacktail hunting weather

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktail

Minister of Fire
Sep 18, 2011
Western WA
We've mostly been hunting in the rain this year. Yesterday my dad and I hunted in a bit of everything.
Fog made hunting tough early on.
cav1.jpg

cav3.jpg

Then we hiked up high enough to get into a bit of snow, which is always welcome. We hadn't been this high up in this area and were disappointed at the terrain as far as hunting went. Still, snow is always nice to see.
cav7.jpg

While on top in the snow it was obvious to us that the weather on one side of the hill was very different than the other side. The wind was howling on the south side. After going back down out of the snow we checked out some logged units and crossed over to the south side of the ridge again, but in the open this time. Holy cow!

After the wind storm it calmed down a bit. Dad took the low road while I went up in the brush.
cav11.jpg

Things turned out somewhat pleasant towards the end of the day.
cav20.jpg

cav26.jpg

It was nice to hunt out of the big timber that we usually hit. I might go back tomorrow for a half day solo trip. It's close to home so I can sleep in a little and I learned enough yesterday to up my odds for the area.

Cool pictures blacktail..would be nice to see a picture later today with you and a deer ;)

Heading North next Friday for our hunt..

loon

Cool pictures blacktail..would be nice to see a picture later today with you and a deer ;)

Heading North next Friday for our hunt..

loon
Loon, what area are you hunting?

Status
Not open for further replies.