Blaze king air inlets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb51b

Feeling the Heat
Dec 24, 2007
Birmingham AL
Where all does the BK's air come into the stove? I understand the airwash of the door but is that the only place?

Jason

Here is a cutawway of the stove. I know the air enters at the rear of the stove, near the bottom, and then travels up the rear, through the T'stat damper control near the top. After that I'm not sure how it gets to the front and washes the glass. I wonder if it travels through a pathway that is outlined in red...from the rear to the front and angles up slightly. But, I'm not sure if this is correct. Maybe someone else will chime in and verify this.

Attachments

• Blaze King Cutaway.jpg
    Blaze King Cutaway.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 560
The 2 large pipes that are at the top L & R are fed from the flapper in the back. A manifold is at either end. The back chute and 2 pipes preheat the air before it is fed out of the front manifold air wash.

Gotcha. I was just wondering if there were any other inlets other than the airwash that is fed by the 2 pipes. Just out of curiosity..

Jason

jtb51b said:
Gotcha. I was just wondering if there were any other inlets other than the airwash that is fed by the 2 pipes. Just out of curiosity..

Jason
That's it.
You would have to get a tube stove to have more..but some end up plugging them with tin foil or something...maybe that's just when they runaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.