Blaze King Ashford 20 - Fable or No

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Therivermonster

Burning Hunk
Dec 10, 2013
Tacoma, WA
Good morning everyone!

We are on the brink of ordering our first stove, and the Ashford is our top pic, however the fabled Ashford 20 would be a better fit. I have heard mention of it here on the forums, however a google search doesn't bring any hits on the stove. I'll call BK later today about it, but in the mean time does anyone know about this mythical wood burner?

The last I heard was in May 2014 the Ashford 20 was expected to ship in September 2014... I went ahead and bought a slightly oversized for my home 30 back then.

Thanks, Poin! How big is your house if I may ask? How is the 30 working out?

Good morning everyone!

We are on the brink of ordering our first stove, and the Ashford is our top pic, however the fabled Ashford 20 would be a better fit. I have heard mention of it here on the forums, however a google search doesn't bring any hits on the stove. I'll call BK later today about it, but in the mean time does anyone know about this mythical wood burner?
According to feedback on this site, the Ashford is a solid performer. I personally am not a big fan of the way most BK stoves look (rather plain jane), but if that's not a problem for you, their performance and reliability are not in question. Good luck with your purchase.

I just called BK and the rep told me that they hope to begin shipping the Ashford 20 around mid October. She says that specs are the same as the Sirocco 20.

Thanks, Poin! How big is your house if I may ask? How is the 30 working out?

My foot print is 30x40 feet, so about 1200sqft ground level and another 1200sqft on the upper level. Ashford 30 is on the upper level at one end of the house, so really I am attempting to heat 1200sqft with it.

Home is in Fairbanks, Alaska, 2x6 walls, good vapor barrier, I am zealous about chasing down airleaks and I have a metric naval goat ton of blown in cellulose in the attic space.

If I could move the 30 downstairs and talk the wife into covering the sliding glass door and big picture window with wool blankets over the winter I could probably use the 30 as my primary heat source down to something like -30 or -35dF without needing a back up furnace at all, but it ain't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.