Blaze King Ashford details

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webby3650

Master of Fire
Sep 2, 2008
Indiana
I thought I would share some of the nice details of the Ashford. It's the first time it's really been out since I installed it, so I took some pics.

I used the ashpan for the first time. What a nice design! I think BK resolved all those problems that most people have had with their ashpans.
It uses a plug inside so no ash is falling into to the pan when you don't want it to, and there is no more fear of a faulty gasket on the door. It's the cleanest pan system I have used! At first I thought it was nearly the same as the Cape Cod, boy was I wrong!
You will need an ashhoe to move the ash to the hole. It makes it a breeze!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 244
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 225
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 235
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 222
Reactions: Elle
They also added a shield around the cat probe, it protects the needle on the therm and also gives it a nicer look. It doesn't look so alone now.
And the beefed up handle is sweet!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 200
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 197
Looks like the same plug as the others? Still don't like it, but it does work okay when the stove is cold.

I do like the handle.

Looks like the same plug as the others? Still don't like it, but it does work okay when the stove is cold.

I do like the handle.
It is the same plug, why don't you like it?

I think it is a PITA to fish out of a bunch of hot ash and coals. I'd rather shovel. I like the ash pan on the ultras, just don't like the plug.

I think it is a PITA to fish out of a bunch of hot ash and coals. I'd rather shovel. I like the ash pan on the ultras, just don't like the plug.
After having lots of stoves with a grate in the bottom I'll take the plug any day! I hate how the ash falls in all the time, so when you pull the pan, ash falls in the bottom and you have to try to rake it out. The Cape Cod ashpan is the dirtiest I have had so far, by design it spills ashes when you pull the pan out.

Have you tried using an ash hoe? It changed my life!;lol

How deep is the firebox below the door opening? While she's cold get us the LxWxH of the firebox. :) Oh and take a picture of the top part of the firebox. It looks like there are less obstructions in there than the Princess.(no sloped sides, firebrick, cat enclosure)

2 3/4" below the door, 19 3/4" wide, 18"front to back, and 13" from the floor to the bottom of the cat housing inside. It's taller on the sides around the housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.