blaze king cat testing?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greythorn3

Minister of Fire
Oct 8, 2007
Alaska
wheelordie.com
i just got a princess used, and i got the fire burning and switched the bypass and the cats glowing red, so does that mean its working?

10-4
Did the cat look like it was all in one piece?
After it's going awhile turn the air way down to see if the cat stays hot..it will probably get even hotter after awhile.

HotCoals said:
10-4
Did the cat look like it was all in one piece?
After it's going awhile turn the air way down to see if the cat stays hot..it will probably get even hotter after awhile.

ya it looked great wasent even dirty. guy only used the stove a few times, wife said it got the house to hot.

i just turned the air down more, and WOW! the secondary burn up top is sweet!

greythorn3 said:
i just turned the air down more, and WOW! the secondary burn up top is sweet!
You're going to love that stove!
Sweet you found it used..I'm sure you saved some big bucks!

450$ and came with all manuals and pipe!

greythorn3 said:
450$ and came with all manuals and pipe!
You stole it! lol

Did they buy another stove?

to hot in the room it was in, trying to heat 4500 s ft with it.. wife complaining it was 50 in the furthest part of the house and 90 in the stove room.. hehehhe

love wives that make their husbands sell stuff and i get the good deal end of it.

greythorn3 said:
to hot in the room it was in, trying to heat 4500 s ft with it.. wife complaining it was 50 in the furthest part of the house and 90 in the stove room.. hehehhe

love wives that make their husbands sell stuff and i get the good deal end of it.

HeHe.

I never ran the Princess but have seen one in operation.
You're going to be surprised how it heats just off the cat while not much is going on down below.
They must have been running that thing about wide open all the time trying to heat that space...for sure if the stove was at one end of a house that big.

Nice early Christmas present. The red cat doesn't always mean the cat is working according to the experts but it sure is a good sign if you ask me. I was told it starts to glow around 1000 degrees. If there's no smoke and the stove comes up to temp it's another good sign.

400 stove top on reload and mine will be red.
Once going the condor cat gauge will climb close to pegged over time if good wood and a fair amount of it...even without flame below.

Todd said:
Nice early Christmas present. The red cat doesn't always mean the cat is working according to the experts but it sure is a good sign if you ask me. I was told it starts to glow around 1000 degrees. If there's no smoke and the stove comes up to temp it's another good sign.

That's my understanding, too. Starts to glow around 1000°, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's working. But it doesn't have to be glowing to work, as long as there is no smoke.
That's almost a crime. Great find. Makes you wonder what people are thinking. Take a $2000+ loss on something he had to know wasn't going to work for them.

Doubt it was that big of a loss. Between west of the big river and the incentives they hand out in Alaska, they don't pay anywhere near what we do.

No doubt that was a good buy though...congrats.

Congrats!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.