blaze king fan question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buddachoppers

Sep 28, 2014
Nebraska
I have a new blaze king classic and like everyone I am very impressed with its performance. The only question I have is why does it seem to burn more wood if the fans are on or is it just me . Thanks, Maybe I have missed this in another post

Fans (air movement) help extract heat from the heat exchanging properties of the stove top and move them into the home. Doing so with any stove (with large volume blowers) will change the burn rate. Just turn down the thermostat if you need less heat with blowers on or to increase burn time.

Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving.

Fans (air movement) help extract heat from the heat exchanging properties of the stove top and move them into the home. Doing so with any stove (with large volume blowers) will change the burn rate. Just turn down the thermostat if you need less heat with blowers on or to increase burn time.

Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving.

So if I am understanding you , when the fans are on the temperature of the stove drops, which in turn causes thermostat to open to maintain temperature. So then when I turn on fans I should turn themostat down some because fans will cause themostat to open back to aprox. position it was prior to turning fans on ? And by doing this would maintain burn times . Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.