** PRIZES ** Blaze King pet photo contest!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsam

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2015
Long Island, NY
youtu.be
EDIT: Scroll down to BKVP's post for the contest.

Original post ->

I seem to have a BK fangirl on my hands.

I came home today to a large and mysterious box addressed to my dog (to my knowledge, she doesn't order a lot of stuff off of Amazon...)

dingo1a.jpg
What is IN there??
dingo2.jpg
It is... a bed. A Dingo bed! A BLAZE KING DINGO BED!!! At this point, I am laughing and excited; Dingo is concerned and ready to flee the scary box and the laughing maniac.
dingo3.jpg
However, a fire in the BK brings her around to giving it a go pretty quickly.
dingo4.jpg
Yeah, I guess I could get used to this....
dingo5.JPG
Lights out, we're headed out for a bit. (Meatloaf sings in the background: "Dingodise by the Blaze King's light...."
dingo6.jpg
Here's the BK in the dark. (Cooler than expected today, so the stove is going to warm things up for us while we're out.)
dingo7.JPG
And we're back. It turns out that the magical Blaze King Dingo Bed does not give the Dingo the ability to sit that close to the stove for too long, so we moved it back a little. The stove is back to being a Black Box Of Temperature Maintaining Happiness, and so is the dog. I asked her to write a thank-you note for her nice new bed, but she is Very Busy.
dingo8.JPG
Many thanks to BKVP for the delightful Dingo gift. She was already a fangirl, so it wasn't really needed to win her over, but I hope it generates him some good PR and goodwill in the community. It has certainly generated both in our house!

Last edited:
Great looking setup Jetsam and thumbs up to BKVP.

Do to my wife's soft heart and my inability to say no to her I have 3 dogs and a cat spooning in front of the BK as I type!

Reactions: becasunshine
Very nice indeed.

My Lab/Pointer mix's favorite spot is in front of the stove. I hit her with the IR gun one time and she read 130 degrees LOL! When it goes cold she will lay down in front of it and just stare at me on the couch until I get the hint.

Reactions: becasunshine
That's pretty cool. And nice looking pooch too.

Seeing Dingo so happy on her bed has inspired me to start a contest.

Basic rules as follows:
Starting with Dingo (today), any Blaze King owner can submit a picture of their pet or pets enjoying their burning Blaze King stove. Limit one photo per stove owner(s). This may require cats and dogs to get along for a photo shoot. All photos may be posted in this thread, but must also be sent to me via pm. Your pm must include with your photo, pets name, owners name, address, daytime contact phone number. Doing so will acknowledge the agreement of the pets' owners that all such images may be used by Blaze King in any manner we so determine..like posting to our web site! On Friday, May 20, 2016, a panel of judges (me and our staff) will select a First place, Second place and Third place winners.

Each of these winners will receive a gift, the first place gift being of greater value than second place, which will have a perceived greater value than the third place gift. I will assure you the gifts will be very nice. Winners will be responsible for any taxes. Prizes and actual shipping or delivery charges will be paid for by Blaze King Industries, Inc.

Any pet photo may be submitted.

Jetsam, not knowing of this contest (because I just thought of it), you may submit a photo for judges consideration.

When I say the prizes will be very nice, believe it!

Let the contest begin, spread the word to your fellow Blaze King owners. Personally, I want to see this thread surpass the Blaze King Performance thread.

Consolation prizes will be sent to all Blaze King owners for just participating.

Any questions, send me a pm.

Let the best pet win!

Fame! Glory! Fabulous prizes!

All for posting pictures of your lazy, stove-hogging animals on the internet, which you probably would have been doing anyway!

Take it from me- a fabulously handsome* role model whose lazy animal has already won herself a fabulous prize- it doesn't get any better than this.

I'd write more about how great this is, but I have to go fend off another pack of groupies. Enter today!

*If my wife is reading this, the above remarks are covered by the "Probably True To Someone Somewhere Theory of Absolute Handsomeness Measurement", which I encourage you to not look up on the internet, but instead to accept my assurances that it is definitely probably a real thing that supports my claims. Thank you.

You are all welcome to direct BK thread folks to this thread.

Last edited:
So no pets?

Maybe a new thread with a bit of a descriptive title will draw more participation?

Just need to get him to strike the right pose with the stove.

Attachments

• dogface.jpg
    dogface.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 346
Reactions: BKVP
Just need to get him to strike the right pose with the stove.
If you read the rules, it says hybrids not allowed. No kreepy puppy monkey baby! !!!

Long time wood burner. Long time visitor to the site. But had to join to share with my fellow wood burners my pet enjoying the wood heat. No matter how many years you burn wood, you can always learn something on here. Great group of people.

I got the winning picture right here.
IMG_4348.JPG

Long time wood burner. Long time visitor to the site. But had to join to share with my fellow wood burners my pet enjoying the wood heat. No matter how many years you burn wood, you can always learn something on here. Great group of people.

I got the winning picture right here.
View attachment 174435
Welcome Berryman, strong first post!

Reactions: Calentarse
Status
Not open for further replies.