Blaze King Feedback

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmonSTART

Minister of Fire
Ok Blaze King folks, I'm doing some research tonight and was wondering what sort of real burn times you get from their cat stoves, Princess and King. The King is HUGE :bug: and they advertise a 40 hour burn loaded up. I'm curious how that matches up with reality. How's your experience with the stove thus far?

Thanks for your indulgence.

What kind of wood do you plan on burning?
It makes a huge difference obviously.
All we have is pine, and dont get close to the advertised burn times.
A full load at 10pm will leave enough coals at 6am to easily start another fire.
I would say thats still pretty good.

Brad

cmonSTART said:
The King is HUGE :bug: and they advertise a 40 hour burn loaded up.

Yep, does that. Just not that useful when its cold out. If you are pushing with hardwoods, you will get 12. 24 is convenient when its not as cold out or if you have a tight house. Compared to my last stove, it is super simple to operate and much more tolerant of real world schedules.

I am burning the princess and getting 8 to 10 usefull hours out of a load of dougfir

Ditto on what SolarAndWood said. I burn 95% oak (white and red) and hickory. It has been really cold here the past couple of weeks (lows in mid teens and highs in mid to high thirties). If I do a full load, I only have to load twice in a 24 hour period, when I leave the thermostat at 2.5. For New years, we left on Thurs. AM to go to the beach. I had done a full load the night before, and before we left Thurs. AM I turned the thermostat down to the low end of normal (1.75). We came back Sat. afternoon. The heat pump setting is set at 68 degrees and when we got home Sat. it was the only time the heat pump had come on this winter. I cleaned ashes/coals from the stove prior to reloading. There were many hot/red coals under a blanket of ash. I restarted with just a few pieces of kindling and small splits. Total amount of time from last full load to restart (with kindling) was 65 hours.

For me being in Mass.that forty hour figure would only work for me if it was rainy and raw and between 40-50 degrees out.The colder it gets the lower that heat time goes.Situations do vary.

They are all correct...When it's in the high 30's plus, I can get about 30+ hours on a load of Tamarack. House in 2800 square feet anf I like it about 78.

When it drops down to teens or colder, I get about 12-15 hours.

Boy, when it's in the 50's...easy 40 hour burn!

Status
Not open for further replies.