BLAZE KING: From There to Here

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

foche911

Aug 19, 2009
North Central Oklahoma
I am looking for a BLAZE KING. I have located one or more, late models, but thay are always far away, especially Northwest. I am wondering if there is any with knowledge, help, network on this forum that might help myself, or others get stoves from far away. Any input would be appreciated. I can't justify paying new stove price and I don't want to settle for a lesser stove.

You can justify it with the costs savings in heating bills, firewood savings, and a $1500 Fed tax credit. Good luck.

Given your parameters, you are pretty much screwed. :lol:

BB - Native Texan that can't ever miss a chance to pick on an Okie.

Having trouble finding a store?
[email protected], phone: (509) 522.2730 USA or (250) 493.7444 CA

foche911 said:
I have another Question......Why is stovepipe so expensive?

Expensive due to that fact that its typically double walled with insulation. Stainless and galvanized in material.

I will pick up the stove and drive it to Oklahoma... for a fair price that will exceed normal shipping charges and may push you into a new stove. It costs money to move big things. The stove's appear to be made here in WA state and they are a very common older brand that is often sold out of hardware stores and other lesser dealerships. They must not allow much dealer profit.

i had to have mine shipped i got a blaze king king shipping wasn't to bad

foche911 said:
How does the tax credit work? Is it a deduction? I won't owe any tax, so I doubt if deduction can help me.

You don't owe tax? Tell us how that works...

Just picked up mine at the truck terminal. Shipping wasn't too bad, somewhere around $150.

Attachments

• BK pickup.jpg
    BK pickup.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 414
foche911 said:
Ship from where for $150? btw: that looks like real truck, no shiny parts....

PMd you the details. That is my dump trailer...it deals with highly organic material, mulch, firewood, etc and doesn't complain too much. Keeps my truck a little more respectable.

How much is a Blaze King King going for these days?

I was quoted retail which is just under 4K with the blowers by all the dealers I was willing to drive to. That made this demo look pretty good at half that. I have heard that you can do better in the midwest but the dealers here were more interested in talking about my tax situation than their price.

There's a store north of me in Spooner, WI that had a BK Princess for $2100 and I think the King was around 3k.

Status
Not open for further replies.