blaze king id

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zach1992

Dec 19, 2014
blacksburg va
This stove is on craigslist for sale. The owner doesnt know what it is, my question is could this stove be a cat also is it insert only or free standing also?

Thank you guys

Attachments

• 20141103_154206.jpg
    20141103_154206.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 2,038
  • 20141103_154148.jpg
    20141103_154148.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 491
Model number should be on the UL tag on the back of the stove. It is a freestanding model stove.

KT or KTJ 302 most likely. If it has a fan it's the KTJ302

Buyer Beware...some areas in the USA this model is illegal to chnage ownership or install.

No expert here but it looks like an older model ? 1980s or early 90's. You should look for overfireing. such as warped metal or broken welds. just had my best friend go through this with a 1983 princess, whish I had found this site before he dropped the cash.

My dealer has one burning in his "showroom" which is really more like a old junky garage..... :). He loves it.

Ah! I see you're in bleaksburg! Hokie class 1997. Love that place!

Reactions: zach1992
What is he dealing? ::-)

Reactions: tarzan
KT or KTJ 302 most likely. If it has a fan it's the KTJ302

Buyer Beware...some areas in the USA this model is illegal to chnage ownership or install.

Illegal to change ownership?? Just due to non epa? Just curious..

Correct. WA state and some others as well as regional areas do not permit pre EPA units.

Status
Not open for further replies.