Blaze King - King Model KFF-403

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schall_85

Jan 16, 2011
Nebraska
I just bought a new home (built in the 1970's) and it has a Blaze King - King Model KFF-403. I don't have a need for it and would like to sell it, but i have not have found anywhere on the internet that says what they would be worth now. Does anybody have knowledge of what this stove would be worth.

schall_85 said:
I just bought a new home (built in the 1970's) and it has a Blaze King - King Model KFF-403. I don't have a need for it and would like to sell it, but i have not have found anywhere on the internet that says what they would be worth now. Does anybody have knowledge of what this stove would be worth.

Not very much, as it is unable to be sold in many states if not all.
From Blaze King website: THE MANUAL YOU HAVE REQUESTED IS ASSOCIATED WITH A MODEL THAT IS NOT EPA APPROVED AND IS ILLEGAL TO SELL, TRADE, BARTER, GIVE AWAY OR INSTALL IN MANY REGIONS OR STATES.

The manual link is busted.

Hogwildz said:
schall_85 said:

Not very much, as it is unable to be sold in many states if not all.
From Blaze King website: THE MANUAL YOU HAVE REQUESTED IS ASSOCIATED WITH A MODEL THAT IS NOT EPA APPROVED AND IS ILLEGAL TO SELL, TRADE, BARTER, GIVE AWAY OR INSTALL IN MANY REGIONS OR STATES.

The manual link is busted.

I'm sure the manual is available online somewhere. Many states still allow the buying and selling of Pre-EPA stoves.

Manual link..... trying to fix link, ok I think this one works:
http://tinyurl.com/45vqvcj

I still don't see this worth that much. Guess if the demand is there.

I thought about buying the same stove circa 1980 a guy had on CL in Madison WI. The guy wanted $250 for it but after talking to Blaze King I choose a different stove. Great heat but tons of emissions hence the NON-EPA part. "Buyer Beware" is what he told me.

Status
Not open for further replies.