blaze king manufacturer?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffsk7

Aug 16, 2014
washington state
Got told by a stove dealer that blaze kings were bought by Lennox. Said the quality has gone down hill the last five years or so. Said he didn't think for the money it would last 15-20 years? Any truth to this? Obviously he was trying to sell me a different stove.

Priceless lol I heard harbor freight will be carrying the blaze king line now too

As you are discovering, there are some very clueless BS artists out there. Same whether it's a stove, car or computer.

Got told by a stove dealer that blaze kings were bought by Lennox. Said the quality has gone down hill the last five years or so. Said he didn't think for the money it would last 15-20 years? Any truth to this? Obviously he was trying to sell me a different stove.
Blaze King is a privately owned corporation with offices and complete production facilities in Walla Walla, WA and Penticton, BC, Canada. Your retailer is a bit confused.

Reactions: NWfuel and Jags
Priceless lol I heard harbor freight will be carrying the blaze king line now too
No sir. Although they do have great deals on tools and air compressors from time to time.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm buying an Ashford. I'll be really happy if I can load it full of fir at 4 am and come home at 4 pm to a warm house and load again. Biggest issue now is just figuring out how to install the pipe.

Be careful which dealer you ask for help with venting......;lol

Going to do it myself and buy the venting flex liner kit through the bk dealer. Maybe I'll post some pics of the alcove and old stove for some suggestions on the install.

This is hilarious! If he's that uninformed I would find another dealer.

He may have been slightly confusing BK with Country stoves which were made here in Auburn, WA. Also a plate steel stove. Lennox bought them out about the same time as your dealer was saying.

Both WA stove companies, both black plate steel.

http://www.wallacestoves.com/wood/country_woodfs.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.