Blaze King Pegasus 8003 NG to LP Conversion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sstein

Can anyone lead me in the direction on converting my blaze king Pegasus 8003 stove from NG to LP. The conversion kit is apparently no longer available but their has to be someone who knows this stuff and maybe there is still a way to do it. I need to change the burner orifice and pilot orifice. Any help would be great

Thanks

You need to determine which valve is in your unit before we can point you in the right direction.

IMG_8516.jpeg

IMG_8517.jpeg

You’ll need a regulator head from your local hearth shop. Take a pic of your valve to aid them. If you remove the pilot & burner orifices, take them to your local hearth shop, as well. They should be able to get you the pilot orifice, & if they don’t have the correctly sized burner orifice (see chart above), they can probably plug & re-drill yours to the correct size.