Blaze King Princess insert questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jboudreau

Sep 8, 2010
Central Ma
Hi Guys,

I just had a new Blaze King Princess insert installed in my house about a month ago. So far I am lovin it.

Couple of quick questions. Does everyones thermostat dial have numbers on it? Mine just has dots, along with high at one end (about the 11 o-clock spot)and low at the other.(6 ish maybe..cant remember where the low is exactly off the top of my head)

Im curious where your numbers are in relation to my dots.

Also I can't seem to get the stove top to reach 600 deg without the cat probe being buried. Is this normal? (I usually have the fans on high as I have a large area I am trying to heat..could this be the reason I cant get the stove hot enough?)

I do have a stainless steel cat in there instead of the ceramic one like most have. I wonder if thats got something to do with it? I wonder why they changed?

I have less than optimal wood this year, (semi seasoned oak) so I do get a pretty good buildup of creo on the glass. I was trying to get the insert hot enough to burn it off, but my cat temps are way to high.

Any thoughts?

I got the brushed nickel door, and surround trim on it. Looks sweet. (I know its all in the eyes of the beholder..but I like it :) )

Thanks

Jay

Numbers or dots, it is differnt on the princess incert. The systems are differnt but us PI guys just will have to deal with it! Makes it tuff when we compare the insert with the stove numbers.
I think the insert runs alot highter cat temps, Its sitting in a brick fireplace and the cat is gonna be hotter. The key is to get your fan going right away and turn the t-stat with dots down ASAP. I got the temp guage with numbers and this has helped me because I can get cat temps of 2000 within 25 minutes of burning at a HIGH t-stat temp. Start turning it down after 10 to 15 minutes of burning.
I didnt know they were make a SS cat for the PI. Thats cool!

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>
DSC_0072.jpg
</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sred...LBUM&id=5548378473527118065&feat=embedwebsite</td></tr></table>

Status
Not open for further replies.