Blaze king princess insert what kind of wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

claybe

Feeling the Heat
Nov 13, 2008
Colorado
I am really excited to get my new princess insert installed tomorrow morning!!! For those of you burning a blaze king, is there a better kind of wood that you have found burns better, more efficient, than another? Any recommendations from blaze king owners is appreciated.

You can never go wrong with seasoned wood in any woodstove.

Larger splits than you might think and also be sure that they are the right length for straight in (N/S) loading. On the insert that should be 15".

I burn low btu woods and am very satisfied with the results including long burn times.

Larger splits than you might think and also be sure that they are the right length for straight in (N/S) loading. On the insert that should be 15".

I burn low btu woods and am very satisfied with the results including long burn times.
I concur, although most of my splits are 16" but I like to put big splits in and fill in with some smaller ones. Straighter splits are the best so Im becoming a wood snob and only getting straight rounds, the rest I throw in a bin for short shoulder season burns.

Status
Not open for further replies.