blaze king princess insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bike4500

Sep 28, 2014
michigan
Hi I took the side cover off to clean and lube the thermostat and noticed that the air control flapper does not close off all the way when the thermostat is moved. Is this normal or should it move up and down with the knob. Thanks for your help and have a good holiday.

Hi I took the side cover off to clean and lube the thermostat and noticed that the air control flapper does not close off all the way when the thermostat is moved. Is this normal or should it move up and down with the knob. Thanks for your help and have a good holiday.
On a cold stove this normal.

What happens when in the middle of burning wood inside my insert and the power goes out = no fans? Will I see unsafe temperatures that will overheat this stove? Wife asked me to ask. Or just go polish my Hot Rods?

All Blaze King thermostats are designed to restrict excessive temps...which might damage the cat. You can come polish my Chevelle when you're done.

Wife LOL Thanks again

On a cold stove this normal.

Perhaps on a cold insert but on a cold stove the flapper always can be fully closed by turning the knob. Right? Certainly is the case on my stove.

Perhaps on a cold insert but on a cold stove the flapper always can be fully closed by turning the knob. Right? Certainly is the case on my stove.
Not on the PI. I keep making the point that not all models are alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.