Blaze King Princess Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksnipe

Jan 20, 2008
Bayfield Co. WI.
The performance of this unit & the reports that have come out this winter have really grabbed my attention. The topic of operating this unit in cold weather without the use of the blower has especially interested me. Speaking of the blower, where is the blower located on this unit. Another question while I'm thinking about the maintenance at season end, while cleaning the chimney does all of the debris fall into the fire box if the bypass is open. If not what surprises await the user in clean-up afterward.

I bought the BK PI in Feb of this year, because of the same reasons you are stating. I am waiting to install because I am making some changes to hearth and still need heat for this season.

You can clean out out the liner by opening the by-pass, it shouldn't be a problem.

The fan is suppose to not restrict air flow when not in use....I think.....

Status
Not open for further replies.